Friday, January 23, 2009

With a cherry on top?

I feel like a scoop of ice cream melting on the sidewalk. I was going along fine in my waffle cone of life and suddenly I dropped. 

So there I am: an appealing scoop of chocolate greatness stuck on the sizzling sidewalk, not knowing what's going to happen next, but knowing that if I do nothing...I'll be a puddle, gleaming in syrupy splendor, scorned by passers-by. 
What are the options of a felled scoop? 

I can't walk or fly. I just have to wait for someone to obey the 5 second rule... or 5 minute rule. 

I can accept my fate and melt with glee. Who knows? Maybe life as a liquid isn't bad.

I'm sure there are other options but my brain is about as half-melted as my ice cream analogy so I'm not going to try. 

Anyway, it's winter...I might last longer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment